| Summary for Assistant Manager|
|Under the supervision of the General Manager, directs Associate activity to provide efficient high quality customer service and achieve retail sales targets through a well-trained and motivated staff. Adheres to all Party City standards. |
| Responsibilities for Assistant Manager|
|Performs supervisory and administrative duties|
- Responsible for opening and closing store and related procedures.
- Responsible for cash handling procedures including but not limited to preparing and dropping bank deposits.
- Authorizes register functions including post voids, returns and associate discounts.
- Assists in supervising and coaching all associates.
- Reviews all corporate communications and reacts accordingly.
- Performs manager on duty (MOD) responsibilities as required.
Delivers exceptional customer service through personal contact with customers
- Interacts with and assists customers in accordance with corporate Customer Service program.
- Answers the telephone and rings on registers as needed.
- Processes balloon orders as needed.
- Handles Personalization Studio orders as needed.
Assists in receiving and stocking procedures
- Ensures accurate receiving.
- Unloads merchandise from trucks as needed.
- Checks in shipment as needed.
- Stages merchandise for the sales floor.
- Top and down stocks merchandise as needed.
Assists in merchandising procedures
- Responsible for maintaining assigned sections in store as determined by the General Manager.
- Sets and maintain merchandise presentation planner (MPP).
- Sets and maintain plan-o-grams.
- Flexes and fills seasonal aisles.
- Sets and maintains ad in-stock.
- Executes corporate directed price changes and clearance markdowns.
Assists in ensuring data integrity
- Participates in the lows and outs process.
- Responsible for seasonal packaway.
- Informs General Manager of any inventory discrepancies.
Performs other duties as needed
Develops for advancement to next career path position.
| Skills for Assistant Manager|
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to motivate staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Personal leadership skills
- Creative thinking
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
| Education for Assistant Manager|
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-3 years of management experience or minimum of 6 months experience in Party City Team Leader position.
| Misc for Assistant Manager|
- Lift, push, pull 25 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, bending and stooping
- Climb ladders
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities may be determined by the General Manager, as dictated by store needs.