| Summary for Personalization Specialist|
|Specialist will drive personalization sales and build customer loyalty by engaging and assisting prospective customers in their selection of custom invitations, accessories, personalized gifts and party items. Responsibilities include the initial sales presentation of product, and the in-store and off-site production and processing of custom orders. Specialist will oversee the personalization studio to ensure that the studio is managed and merchandised according to company policy. |
| Responsibilities for Personalization Specialist|
- Approach prospective customers outside the studio environment by walking the store aisles and/or greeting customers at the front entrance of the store to inform customers about Party City personalization services.
- Engage and assist customers in the personalization studio by asking questions, sharing product knowledge and listening to customer needs to determine sales strategy and product selection.
- Print custom invitations, banners and accessories for customers on-site in the personalization studio using the Inscribe system and printers.
- Process orders through Party City personalization studio vendors for custom invitations, accessories and gifts that are not available on-site.
- Ensure that customers have given final written approval for proofs before custom orders are processed on-site or through the Party City personalization studio vendors.
- Notify customers when orders are available for store pick-up.
- Keep GM and sales associates informed of any outstanding orders, proofs, or customer pick-ups requiring specific action on a specialist's day-off.
- Keep personalization studio environment neat and organized at all times with supplies, custom books, flip charts, personalized gifts and marketing materials in their designated place or planogram.
- Report any defective or missing product, software or supplies to vendor to ensure replacement and/or store credit.
- Maintain weekly incident log to track studio issues and the subsequent steps taken to ensure smooth operation of the personalization studio.
- Keep equipment in personalization studio in working condition and report any malfunction to Inscribe and the GM.
- Inform manager on duty if studio equipment will not be operational for more than two hours.
- Maintain adequate inventory supplies using weekly Min/Max count sheets.
- Attend ongoing company and vendor training sessions and conference calls.
- Keep current with vendor product lines, promotions, sales and marketing materials.
- Meet established store-specific and studio sales goals.
- Ensure all Party City policies and procedures are followed.
| Skills for Personalization Specialist|
- Display professional appearance and demeanor in compliance with Party City guidelines and policies.
- Proficiency on computer.
- Strong selling and reasoning skills, including multiple sales and up-selling, necessary to effectively present product and close sale.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills to attain high customer satisfaction and gain customer respect and loyalty.
- Strong organizational skills; detail-oriented to work effectively with customers to understand their needs.
- Ability to provide creative solutions and think outside of the box.
- Ability to act independently as a liaison between stores, personalization vendors, corporate merchant and field organization teams.
- Strong troubleshooting and follow-up skills.
- Dependable and willing to take ownership of all studio responsibilities.
| Education for Personalization Specialist|
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Prior retail sales experience and product knowledge of custom invitation sales and printing preferred.
| Misc for Personalization Specialist|
|This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Any additional responsibilities will be determined by the General Manager, with prior District Manager approval as dictated by store needs.|